Archive | Notes RSS feed for this section
The newest Nashville Predator, 18 year-old Swedish forward Filip Forsberg jumps onto the ice for his first NHL shift Sunday night at Bridgestone Arena. The hopeful star of the future for Nashville acquitted himself well in his debut, however the Preds woeful goal-scoring fortunes continued as they dropped a season-high sixth straight game 3-0 to [...]
Nashville Predators forward Marty Erat was one of several key performers last week, as the Preds led off the stretch run with a pair of wins at Bridgestone Arena. Music City’s team enters the final six weeks of league regular season play on the bubble of the playoff picture. They’ll be attempting to make the [...]
Are the 2012-13 Nashville Predators the team we think we see? Do they believe that they are? Better Days Ahead(?) Y’know, it’s funny — disturbing, really — the way that things can turn — literally, proving to us that things aren’t always what they seem to be. Sometimes objects or environments viewed from one perspective [...]
Nashville Predators fans were back in force this past Holiday weekend at Bridgestone Arena, as the citizens of Smashville welcomed loudly the return of NHL regular season play to Music City with a pair of sellouts, on Saturday and Monday nights. (File Photo: Flickr.com | Kim Green/WBUR, Boston) Hockey is back — but that’s not [...]
Beep…beep…beep… (Photo: vinosambiz.blogspot.com) Back Up the Truck. Oye. Sometimes it seems I just get a little further ahead of myself than I should. Hi there. If you’re here looking for the first part of, “Still More Tough Luck for the ‘Other’ Other Guys: The Fans,” that I posted on Monday, well, unfortunately it had to [...]
Nashville Predators General Manager David Poile has a longstanding reputation as a cool customer. However, as this summer of record-breaking heat in Music City wears on, the cards he’s being dealt are making it tough for the Preds venerable front office boss to maintain his poker face. (Photo: The Tennessean) Hot, Bothered, and Behind the [...]
The Phoenix Coyotes foiled the efforts of the Nashville Predators at every turn last Friday night in Game 4 of their Western Conference Semifinal match-up at Bridgestone Arena. In a scene typical of the Coyotes’ smothering team defense from that game, above, Phoenix forwards Martin Hanzal (left) and Radim Vrbata (right) deny Nashville forwards Patric Hornqvist [...]
The look says it all. Nashville Predators forward Gabriel Bourque appears despondent as the Phoenix Coyotes celebrate following Martin Hanzal’s second period goal Sunday in the Coyotes’ Game 2 victory over Nashville at Jobing.com Arena in Glendale, AZ. Down 2-0 in their second round playoff matchup, the Preds must now find a way to bounce back [...]
Bedlam in Music City. The Nashville Predators bench erupts following their 2-1 series-clinching victory over longtime Central-Division foes, the Detroit Red Wings last Friday night at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville. The Preds now move on to the second round versus the Phoenix Coyotes this Friday at Jobing.com Arena in Glendale, AZ (Photo: John Russell/NHLI via [...]
Few seem to remember that Nashville Predators’ shutdown defenseman, Kevin Klein was considered one of the better two-way blueliners available when the Preds selected him in the second round of the storied 2003 NHL Entry Draft. Earlier this week the six-year veteran did his best to jog the collective memory of the Detroit Red Wings, [...]
AJ in nashville
As a season ticket-holder of the Nashville Predators since 2000, I've learned that you may not HAVE to have a good sense of humor to survive as a hockey fan in Music City, but it sure helps!
Search Predators AJenda
- The Preds Give Me A Black Eye; Blues Fans Give One to Themselves (Part 1/2) October 10, 2011
- Preds Can’t Cheat Fate. Can Arnott? March 28, 2010
- Tuesday AJenda: Apparently, Running This Town Isn’t In the Preds’ Business Plan December 14, 2010
- Callin’ It As I See It: A Mini-Series – Part I: Dan Hamhuis February 9, 2010
- The Preds Reboot July 22, 2010
- Parting Shot: Red Wings School Preds Once More…For Old Time’s Sake April 15, 2013
- Errata(?) April 9, 2013
- It’s ‘Winnin’ Time’ (Or Else) for the Predators: A Commentary March 30, 2013
- Shaken AND Stirred | a Miniseries | Part 4 March 25, 2013
- Shaken AND Stirred | a Miniseries | Part 3 March 21, 2013
- Hockey Hillbilly: You're spot on about Toots. He was a bigger loss...
- Cisar: Good one, AJ. Keep 'em coming....
- AJ in Nashville: Thank you, Miz Thang! Nice of you top come visit m...
- tricia: Well said, AJ ;)...
- Cisar: Good to have you back, AJ. Congrats on the job. I ...
#WeberWatch Alexander Radulov Anaheim Ducks Andrei Kostitsyn Barry Trotz Bridgestone Arena Chicago Blackhawks Colin Wilson Craig Leipold Craig Smith Dave Tippett David Legwand David Poile Detroit Red Wings Frankie Bouillon game recaps J.P. Dumont Jason Arnott Jordin Tootoo Kevin Klein KHL Kimmo Timonen lemmetellya Marty Erat Mike Fisher Nashville Predators nashvillepredators news and notes Patric Hornqvist Paul Kariya Pekka Rinne Phoenix Coyotes Pittsburgh Penguins Preds On The Glass Ryan Ellis Ryan Suter San Jose Sharks Sergei Kostitsyn Shea Weber St. Louis Blues Stanley Cup Playoffs Steve Sullivan Tom Cigarran Vancouver Canucks Wade Belak Washington Capitals
- LOLCATS UNITE! Celebrate the #CatChow50thAnniversary & #WatchVideo about Cat Chow thru the decades! spnsr.tw/t1AJPC #ad# chowchowchow — 2 days ago
- @1025TheGame @BIGJOEONTHEGO That was just @PREDSident's stump speech for the old-timers... — 1 week ago
- Y'don't have to be sick to know tossing & turning is for the birds! Make it a #ZzzQuilNight! Get the Zs you need! spnsr.tw/t1AEYi #ad — 1 week ago
- I've no great love for the #PittsburghPenguins, but as long as Tomas Vokoun (who I DO love) is in net, I'll be pulling for them in the East. — 1 week ago
- Get a #FREE ACCUCHECK nano & meter skin with your SmartView test strips purchase, while supplies last @CVS_Extra! spnsr.tw/t1AGmu #ad — 1 week ago