Archive | Personal RSS feed for this section
Nashville Predators fans were back in force this past Holiday weekend at Bridgestone Arena, as the citizens of Smashville welcomed loudly the return of NHL regular season play to Music City with a pair of sellouts, on Saturday and Monday nights. (File Photo: Flickr.com | Kim Green/WBUR, Boston) Hockey is back — but that’s not [...]
Hockey is life…and sometimes it’s the other way around. Sometimes you’re the Tootoo Train, and sometimes you’re the proverbial bug on the glass. Me? These last several weeks, just call me Ryan Jones (Photo: Reuters). Bugged I promised myself that I’d never do here in this space what, regrettably, I’ve somehow made a habit of [...]
A week ago, The Nashville Predators said goodbye to former prospect, forward, Cal O’Reilly (left), trading the former 2005 5th round (#150 overall) pick to the Phoenix Coyotes for a 4th-rounder in next June’s NHL Entry Draft. Given their similarities, fans wonder if the change of scenery might afford the talented but oft-injured centerman the [...]
Tuesday night at Bridgestone Arena, the Nashville Predators’ annual Meet The Team event was held, allowing season ticket holders the opportunity to meet and get autographs from their favorite Preds players and coaches. And while it was awesome to shake hands with Craig Smith, Jon Blum, and Ryan Suter, all I really wanted to do [...]
This is a slight over-dramatization of my pregame experience in St.Louis last Saturday night (For demonstration purposes only. Professional B.S. artist used. Do not try this at home). There is No ‘EYE’ in ‘TEAM’ Meanwhile, back in The ‘Lou, before the ugliness ensued, I was giving new meaning to the term, ‘keep your eye on [...]
Boston Bruins netminder Tim Thomas has stood out as the difference-maker thus far in the 2011 Stanley Cup Final. With tonight’s Game Seven on the Vancouver Canucks‘ home ice, can he make a difference for the Bruins one more time? (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images North America) Enmityville Horrors We all have our reasons for pulling [...]
The next generation of Nashville Predators fans have become a foundational part of the team’s success in 2010-11 and will exert even more influence in the future. (Photo: John Russell/NHLI via Getty Images) Kids these days… My parents were among the group upon whom, several years ago former NBC News anchorman, Tom Brokaw bestowed the [...]
HE SHOOTS, HE SCOOOOOOOOORES!! Not Shy Ask anyone who’s ever sat next to me at a Nashville Predators game. No bones about it, I’m a screamer. I don’t just raise my voice, I raise the roof – as much as someone with otherwise munchkin-esque vocal cords such as mine could attempt to do. I scream [...]
Keeping That Sunny Disposition It was a beautiful day in Middle Tennessee on Saturday. The sun shone upon the land; people were out walking, running, biking, and playing outside in 60 degree bliss. Everyone forgot about freezing temps and snow days for the first time in what seems like an eternity. Speaking of eternity, ahem, [...]
Former Predators captain Jason Arnott returned to New Jersey for a new start. But will this bus ever get moving? (Photo: Sipkin/NY Daily News) The Other Side of the Coin When I was mentally composing this post in reference to the Preds’ one and only meeting with the New Jersey Devils this season – and [...]
AJ in nashville
As a season ticket-holder of the Nashville Predators since 2000, I've learned that you may not HAVE to have a good sense of humor to survive as a hockey fan in Music City, but it sure helps!
Search Predators AJenda
- The Preds Give Me A Black Eye; Blues Fans Give One to Themselves (Part 1/2) October 10, 2011
- Preds Can’t Cheat Fate. Can Arnott? March 28, 2010
- Tuesday AJenda: Apparently, Running This Town Isn’t In the Preds’ Business Plan December 14, 2010
- Callin’ It As I See It: A Mini-Series – Part I: Dan Hamhuis February 9, 2010
- The Preds Reboot July 22, 2010
- Parting Shot: Red Wings School Preds Once More…For Old Time’s Sake April 15, 2013
- Errata(?) April 9, 2013
- It’s ‘Winnin’ Time’ (Or Else) for the Predators: A Commentary March 30, 2013
- Shaken AND Stirred | a Miniseries | Part 4 March 25, 2013
- Shaken AND Stirred | a Miniseries | Part 3 March 21, 2013
- Hockey Hillbilly: You're spot on about Toots. He was a bigger loss...
- Cisar: Good one, AJ. Keep 'em coming....
- AJ in Nashville: Thank you, Miz Thang! Nice of you top come visit m...
- tricia: Well said, AJ ;)...
- Cisar: Good to have you back, AJ. Congrats on the job. I ...
#WeberWatch Alexander Radulov Anaheim Ducks Andrei Kostitsyn Barry Trotz Bridgestone Arena Chicago Blackhawks Colin Wilson Craig Leipold Craig Smith Dave Tippett David Legwand David Poile Detroit Red Wings Frankie Bouillon game recaps J.P. Dumont Jason Arnott Jordin Tootoo Kevin Klein KHL Kimmo Timonen lemmetellya Marty Erat Mike Fisher Nashville Predators nashvillepredators news and notes Patric Hornqvist Paul Kariya Pekka Rinne Phoenix Coyotes Pittsburgh Penguins Preds On The Glass Ryan Ellis Ryan Suter San Jose Sharks Sergei Kostitsyn Shea Weber St. Louis Blues Stanley Cup Playoffs Steve Sullivan Tom Cigarran Vancouver Canucks Wade Belak Washington Capitals
- LOLCATS UNITE! Celebrate the #CatChow50thAnniversary & #WatchVideo about Cat Chow thru the decades! spnsr.tw/t1AJPC #ad# chowchowchow — 1 day ago
- @1025TheGame @BIGJOEONTHEGO That was just @PREDSident's stump speech for the old-timers... — 6 days ago
- Y'don't have to be sick to know tossing & turning is for the birds! Make it a #ZzzQuilNight! Get the Zs you need! spnsr.tw/t1AEYi #ad — 1 week ago
- I've no great love for the #PittsburghPenguins, but as long as Tomas Vokoun (who I DO love) is in net, I'll be pulling for them in the East. — 1 week ago
- Get a #FREE ACCUCHECK nano & meter skin with your SmartView test strips purchase, while supplies last @CVS_Extra! spnsr.tw/t1AGmu #ad — 1 week ago